Arkansas Midland Railroad was established in 1992 as part of the Pinsly Railroad Company. The Prescott and Northwestern Railroad Company and the Warren & Saline River Railroad Company were added following their acquisition from Potlatch on January 1, 2010. AKMD currently operates seven separate branch lines in the state of Arkansas covering 125 miles of track.
AKMD enables its customers to be more competitive in the marketplace through dependable and efficient local switching service combined with the superior market coverage of its Class I Railroad partners. Arkansas Midland enjoys a unique relationship with its sister company, Railroad Distribution Services of Arkansas, which provides a wide range of warehousing and transload services. Arkansas Midland customers have come to rely on our freight service, industry knowledge, and superior customer service to help move their product more efficiently than any other mode of transportation.
AKMD has proven its creativity and flexibility to its customers time and time again. Partial evidence of this is found in the recognition it has earned from the short line community.
- 2012 ASLRRA Marketing Award - Innovative Service & Outstanding Marketing
- 2007 ASLRRA Marketing Award -- Innovative Market Development
- 2006 ASLRRA Marketing Award -- Innovative Service & Outstanding Marketing
- 2000 Shortline Railroad of the Year
- 1999 ASLRRA Excellence in Marketing Award